History: "Blankarts Hof"
The manor of the noble family of Blankart of Ahrweiler was the most important nobility manor of Ahrweiler. Like all other nobility manors in the city it was a feud from the abbey of Prüm.
Originally, the feud was in the property of the family of Fischenich (1256). After the knights of Fischenich received the castle of Kreuzberg however, the property got into the hands of the Blankart family, which was the most important noble family residing in the city and also owned the Gymnicher Hof and other big properties in the region like for example the Burg Sahr and many more.
The Ahrweiler „branch“ of the Blankart name ended in 1712 with the death of Johann Otto Friedrich Blankart of Ahrweiler. It got inherited by his two older sisters Maria Odilia and Maria Anna, which were married to Johann Franz Capellini gt. Stechinelli, baron of Wickenburg, and Johann Heinrich Freiherr von Drove zu Vlatten (and later to Wolfgang Freiherr von Rohe zu Elmpt) respectively.
One of the most important family representatives was Konrad, whose tomb slab can be found in the St. Laurentius church in Ahweiler. Engraved on it it says: „Anno 1561 den 26. Dag nove(m)b(ris) ist in Got verstorben der edel und ernvest juncker Coen Blanckart van Arwiler dem Got genedig si.“
In the 19th century the Blankarts Hof served as domicile of the royal-prussian district administrator and got into private ownership afterwards.
Being refurbished extensively, the Blankharts Hof now is the home to the city archive of Ahrweiler .