History: "Prümer Hof"
The Prümer Hof is the mother of all manors in Ahrweiler so to say, since nobody in Ahrweiler had a feud from someone other than the abbey of Prüm. Thus, the abbot of Prüm was the sole landlord in Ahrweiler.
There are 24 manors for Ahrweiler documented in the registry of Prüm of 893 out of which the city developed and grew over time.
The Prümer Hof was basically the leading manor over all the others and owned lots of land and a lot of vineyards. Over time the 24 manors were allocated to other abbeys and a total of seven noble families. Next to that there were seven non-noble feuds, which in turn could each be divided another four times. As a result, there were about 28 vassals in Ahrweiler in 1794.
The Prümer Hof was also home to a court, which also included a gibbet.
The Prümer Hof was discharged of its duty of being a court in the 15th century and the court henceforth resided at Gymnicher Hof and the city hall.
The business function was taken over by the winery of Prüm located on the market square, where you can find the restaurant „Kleinertz“ today.
On the ground of the Prümer Hof the parsonage was established.